Friday, September 24, 2004

I am not SPONG/SPONGE

Only God knows how I hate that name. Never asked to be called that and never wanted to. It's all started back in matriculation, after the orientation week. Those so-called "seniors" came back from the long slumber holidays, and started to get to know the "juniors". One of their "ritual" was giving names to us, reason: real name is hard to remember, so give nickname, easier to say and remember. Yeah right easier, easy my arse! Unlucky me, got that dreaded name from a "senior" from Pahang, which is called Same (real name Hisham). Curse you ...

So after almost 10 years certain people called me by that name, today I decided not to be called with that name anymore. I have my own name, beautifully given by my mom, so that's gonna be my name. Nickname? That's reserved for family only, friends can call me with real name or my nickname at home. No other names for me! I am ISMAN.

Sometimes, we called people names but we do not know how that person feel when called by that name. What if they do not like it? What if they hate us for that? Everyone has their own name, why we couldn't call'em by their names? My thousand apologies to those who feel insulted by me calling them with names/nicknames which they do not like/prefer. Sorry ...

It's about time we respect others' names ...

p/s: ... and I'm not "kakak" neither, tqvm