Monday, March 21, 2005

aching, sore ... i'm in pain

After 4 straight days of so-called intense workout, today I am left with a body which is aching all over. I guess I over do it during the weekend. Feel like not coming to the office this morning, but heyy can not succumb to this aching just like that, right? U pay now for what u can reap later.

Yes, for those who are wondering, I went to the gym for the past 4 days. Been going for 3 weeks now. Got nothing else better to do. Plus, the badminton/futsal sessions are becoming pages in the history book. I need alternative for those forgotten activities and lucky I found it. Although it'll cost me a bit, but it's worth it. Nothing comes cheap these days.

Good workout is not just about weight lifting. The important thing is the cardiovascular exercise. Lots of people are ignoring it, they just go straight to the weight lifting. Cardio will help you in the long run lah weiihh. I'm seeing the benefits of it. The first week I could barely walk/jog on the treadmill for 3km in 30mins (with variable speed), but now I can walk/jog almost 4km in the same time frame and still have the energy to hop onto the cross-country device for 15mins or so, and zigzagging my way to a healthy life (yeah right, u forgot all the cigarettes!!)

After cardio, it's the weight resistance time. Use the light-weight machines before u moved on to those weight lifting thingy. Once you have developed ur muscles, then you can try the weight lifting. For me, i'll stick with the weight resistance for now. Dun wanna be the next WWF Superstar or Malek Noor replacement ... hahaha

So, anybody interested to join me ... lemme know, you can be my guest to the gym (u'll get a card which enable you to use the gym free for 7 days). Ohh, my schedule (which i'm trying hard to stick with) is Tuesday (8pm-10pm), Thursday (8pm-10pm), Saturday (3pm-6pm) and Sunday (5pm-7pm).

Until then, lemme immerse in this pain for now ... nggrkkkhhh